1. When people comment that the job is “so easy,” you immediately raise an eyebrow and ask them how they’d feel about wrangling 20-30 kids on a daily basis, and not even just keep them under control, but actually teach them something.
2. Your version of “playing pretend” when you were a kid was setting up a classroom somewhere in your house and making your stuffed animals/friends/parents/neighbors come and be your students.
3. You still walk around and see cute things and think “that will go in my classroom.”
4. You know it’s a tough job, and you know it’s a dirty job (sometimes literally) but you also know that the satisfaction of walking away having honestly changed a kid’s life is more than worth it.
5. You kind of don’t think you’d be able to function without a summer vacation, so.
6. You’ve always lost your mind over “teacher stores” and…
View original post 309 more words