I am a unique person…to say the least. I’ve been called weird, strange, and other things that are just downright mean. But, I am proud of who I am and all of the eccentricities I possess. They make me who I am and I think they help me to not take life too seriously. So, I’ve compiled a quick list of 13 of my quirkiest attributes.
1. I dance whenever possible. I’m not just talking about when I have food warming up in the microwave and I have to wait for it to be completed (because, seriously if you aren’t doing that you’re missing out). What I mean by this is I will dance in a park, in my car at a stop light, on the way to classes, in my dorm room, when I’m alone in the bathroom, the shower, and especially while I’m talking on the phone with someone. I love it! I can’t help but to move every inch of my body, all the time. I guess I just have so much energy and motion bursting at the seams that it leaks out constantly. Oh, well!
2. I still play the floor is lava. I play with friends, by myself, and even in my dorm room when we only have three usable pieces of furniture and the game basically devolves into walking on our couch and chairs in a circle.
3. I keep a dream journal. Now, this one may not seem so strange, but believe me I’ve gotten some negative responses on this one. If you were me, you would want to remember my dreams too. They’re colorful, adventurous, exciting, scattered, and philosophical. Plus, I enjoy increasing my chances of lucid dreaming.
4. I’m incredibly attracted to intelligence. I think they coined a term for this now: sapiosexuality. But, it’s more than any textbook definition for me. I fall in love with how passionate people are about things, especially when those subjects are intellectually based. I admire people with beautiful minds, because I wish my mind could be as expansive and awe-inspiring.
5. I am also unbelievably attracted to Jewish men. I really don’t have an explanation for this one; I wish I could explain it to myself.
6. I think every second of my life. This is not an exaggeration. I am always analyzing everything, thinking about how my day has gone, creating fantasies of how future situations might unfold. I honestly cannot stop. And, although it keeps me from many hours of sweet, beautiful sleep, I am happy that my imagination still works as hard as it always has.
7. I have a stuffed animal horse. No, that’s not the weird part. I got bored with this horse’s appearance so I sewed a horn onto it’s head. Now, I have a stuffed unicorn!
Isn’t she purely majestic?
8. I tried to teach myself Irish step dance. Key word: tried.
9. I collect sunglasses. I think I actually have about 20 pairs now. If I could have bought every pair I wanted in the past, my collection would well surpass 100 by now. But, my parents have reined in my obsession. I might do a post later about my collection and add pictures.
10. I’ve wanted dread locks for over 10 years. Hey, look at that number ten has the number ten in it (that was not on purpose, I promise). Anyway, I love how dread locks look on others and they kind of go along with my hippie soul. Unfortunately, everyone yells at me whenever I tell them of this desire because as they say, “your hair is way too beautiful to destroy like that!” Maybe one day I will fulfill this dream, but for now I am content with my curly locks.
11. I have never been in a relationship. I am now 19 years of age and have never had a boyfriend, not like I’m complaining. Outsiders think there has to be something wrong with me because I’ve been single forever, but I actually prefer being on my own sometimes. I will be doing a future post on why there is nothing wrong with being single so long, but I included it in this piece because so many others find it to be so odd.
12. One of my favorite sports to watch during the winter Olympics is curling. Its just so breath-takingly suspenseful!
13.According to the Myers-Briggs Personality Types I am an INFJ. The letters stand for Introversion, iNtuition Feeling, and Judging. If you are unfamiliar with these personality types you should probably take an online test to find yours. I have found that they are very accurate and interesting to find the deep truth about yourself. I have included this as a quirky attribute because apparently only 2% of people in the world are described by this personality type. I was actually quite pleased when I found this little piece of information because it validates what I have always known, I am very different from the majority of those around me.
Well, thank you for taking the time to read this! I want all of you to celebrate what makes you different because it is truly what makes you beautiful. Maybe even try to make a list of your own, you might enjoy it.
Weirdness always wins!